Copyright Notice

All contents of this blog are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written consent from the author. Copyright 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Jawad Akhtar.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Closing all long positions

I am closing out a lot of my long positions and going to cash to lock in my profits.  I really don't like the VIX - we could be in for a drop (or maybe not) - I really had a hard time to push the sell button on Chipotle (CMG).  Yet, I had to lock in the 10% gain.  I can always get back in.  The market itself doesn't look that weak.  Just that a lot of leading stocks are over bought.  The VIX is spiking today.  I didn't get up in time this morning to buy the call options as I had indicated on Friday.  So now I have to decide whether to jump in on that position or not.

 I think I will hold onto the following positions for now.
BCSI,  NFLX

No comments:

Post a Comment