Copyright Notice

All contents of this blog are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written consent from the author. Copyright 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Jawad Akhtar.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My sentiment update

What we witnessed recently could have been a legitimate capitulation that came at the end of wave 3.  It is possible that wave 5 has now started.  Some of the leading stocks are exhibiting that behavior (e.g. CMG - Chipotle Mexican Grill) is up a lot in the last few days and continues to be strong.  The stock is, however, approaching an all time high so I will wait to decide whether I want to get in.  I am still skeptical of this rally (but that is how wave 5 can get its momentum since I am sure there are a lot of other people like me watching this rally from the outside).   The indicators I use to determine market direction may actually peak by the time we overcome the 11000 resistance point and get to a previous high.  I think I might end up sitting this run out.  But I couldn't resist getting back into Sprint (S) with Nov $4 calls for 0.92 cents.  I have not made much money in this stock but the lure of a big hit always sucks me back in.  The new 4G phone launch date was announced (June 4) and should translate into a lot of new accounts for them.  The new HTC EVO phone also will support video conferencing (and has 2 cameras).  I will probably jump back to Sprint if the price is right...

No comments:

Post a Comment