Copyright Notice

All contents of this blog are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written consent from the author. Copyright 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Jawad Akhtar.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Almost end of day - 05-20-2010

Luckily I have been pretty distracted by Google IO.  It doesn't hurt that we have been out of the market for a while now.  Watching the market decimate your portfolio is not fun.  The DOW is down over 300 points as we speak and I can only imagine that tomorrow being Friday may not be a good day for the markets.  We have broken support around 10200 and the DOW must recover that point fairly soon or we would be testing the previous low.

Seen some really cool upcoming technologies for Google TV.  Major players are Google, Intel, Sony, Logitech, Dish Network, Best Buy and Adobe.  Keep these guys on your lists to watch.  The way you watch TV now is about to change dramatically.   It was a great live demo and, for the first time, the ability to jump seamlessly from TV to YouTube to Hulu, etc. seemed effortless.  Look for equipment to show up this fall.   Looks like I have to hold off on buying my next tv for a bit (although since I have DISH and a PS3, I may not need to buy an intelligent Google TV.   I am definitely going to be watching these companies for good entry points.

Also, Google gave all attendees the new Google HTC Evo phone from Sprint.  Beautiful large screen, 4G, etc.  I still feel that Sprint is going to provide a nice return in the nearterm and I will continue to hold my position in Sprint (and may even add to it if I get a bargain buy).  Hopefully, I can make the money and get out before the earnings release.

I will try to post some more detailed market analysis next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment