Copyright Notice

All contents of this blog are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written consent from the author. Copyright 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Jawad Akhtar.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Market outlook

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but I didn't have a chance to look at the market late last week.  Market is looking fairly good at the moment.  My buys of Goldman Sachs (GS) and Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) are nicely profitable.  However, since I wasn't watching the market, I failed to sell the LLTC options for a 100% gain and now the calls are back around where I bought them (slightly higher).

I really like CMG's chart.  It has broken out of a cup and handle formation in the weekly chart.  If the market cooperates, we could see 200 before long (next 3-4 months).  The stock is trading around 165. 

In general, I would not be surprised to see the DOW visit 10,600 in the next few days (maybe even this week).  Let's see how the day plays out.

PS:  I shouldn't have to state that September (historically) is the worst month for stock returns, with October having some of the largest drops on record.  So be careful when playing the market and keep a close eye on your holdings.

No comments:

Post a Comment