Copyright Notice

All contents of this blog are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written consent from the author. Copyright 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Jawad Akhtar.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Market watch continues

As I write this, the DOW is down over 162 points and testing crucial support level.  Since we had been in an uptrend and this is option expiration week, volatility is to be expected.  I don't like the action in many stocks but I do like the price action of Nvidia and the indicators are showing a positive bias.  I had opened a position in NVDA stock a few days ago, and today I added a new position of Dec 10 call options for 0.96  despite my apprehension about the approaching September.  I was encouraged by the fact that NVDA indicators had bottomed out, the stock followed thru today to the upside on an earlier move and that the stock was up significantly despite a down market. 


On a side note, I expect my out of the money call options on S, ATVI and F to expire worthless tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment