Copyright Notice

All contents of this blog are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written consent from the author. Copyright 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Jawad Akhtar.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Dollar, Euro, the market and the commodities

There are conflicting signs in the market.  The news is very bearish on the Euro with Greece in the headlines nearly every day.  A drop in Euro would indicate that a rally in the US Dollar which is bearish for commodities.  But looking at commodity producers (e.g. copper), the charts are indicating a strong underlying buying pattern while the stocks are in a base (pretty much the same across the board for multiple stocks).  Just looking at those charts, I would speculate that a big rally in commodity stocks is expected and some big players are loading up on the stocks.  Yet a rising dollar is bearish for commodity stocks.   This market is getting confusing.  Yet I still think I am right about the 5th wave being under way.  That would set the near term (<6 wk) target for the DOW to reach 11,500-11,700 range with 13,000 being a distinct possibility.  I still like Chipotle (CMG) and have a price target of 140.00.    Assurant (AIZ) has overcome resistance at 32.75 and started moving up.  I would expect a price target of mid 40s if the market does not peak in the meantime. CELG is showing a short term peak, yet the long term trend seems to be intact at the moment.  I have a price target of 70 on CELG with 75 a possibility.  There were big rallies in overseas markets, and I expect that to carry into the US markets today.

(Please note that I own all the stocks whose tickers I mentioned above).

No comments:

Post a Comment