Copyright Notice

All contents of this blog are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written consent from the author. Copyright 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Jawad Akhtar.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Position Updates

Closed out my GLW calls for 1.10 and the puts for 0.8 for about a 50% profit on the position.  Of course, I sold too early (and I was sure I was selling early).  But I then entered a long position on GLW with the Aug 2011 - $22 calls.  They are now up around 0.40 as well (but the entry price was around 1.48).  I believe the stock has good potential to move up a bit more.

I also entered new positions (shares) in SGG (sugar ETF) and JO (coffee ETF).  I should have entered the sugar ETF last thursday when I hesitated and missed out on about an 8% move already.  But these trends have to be a bit longer term (due to floods in Brazil, Australia, and coffee production impacts in Columbia and Brazil).  Even Starbucks lowered their projections based upon the assumption that they will pay more for coffee (and if you are a coffee drinker, you might have noticed the price spikes at the grocery store).   This is my first venture into commodity ETFs.  Let's see how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment